Screen Printing Electroluminescent T-Shirts
We’re back at it after a brief research break. We are back in the lab with our quest to successful crack the code of Screen Printing Electroluminescent T-Shirts. The last we posted about screen printing EL Panels on T-Shirts we were having a few problems with the process. Primarily the issues were were having were the following:
- The conductive ink formula was not really that stretchable and our circuits were breaking after some pulling and tugging
- We were having shorting issues that was causing small sparks in the design work and micro fires on T-Shirts (not good)
- We were having conductivity distribution issues
Well … I’m pleased to announce that as of today, we’ve solved all three of those issues. Below is our latest video and still shots of a simple circular EL panel directly screen printed onto a T-Shirt.
What’s next in our quest to print a functioning EL Panel on a garment? On our list of needed improvements are the following:
- Water proofing the EL panel for hand and/or machine washing
- Crystal clear coating to really show a brilliant EL glow on the garment
The good news is that we believe we have the solution to both of the pending issues above. Unlike our prior issues at the time of our last post we were unsure if our proposed solutions for successful EL panel printing on T-Shirts would work (they did!) This time, we’re fairly certain that we have this thing down.
We’ve got a few kinks and processes to work out, but we’re hoping that by the first quarter of 2017 that we’ll be able to show you a very bright, very durable, very flexible and … very water proof EL Panel that we will screen print directly onto fabric and/or clothing.
Watch our video below and check back for future updates on our progress.